Tuesday, April 29, 2008

DC Metro - Fav Vendors

I can't help but offer advice to all the "almost brides" of the coming months who live in the DC Metro area. Here are some of the BEST vendors I suggest you use when planning your wedding!

Mywedding.com is a wonderful online resource that allows you to post as much or as little information that you want to share with your guests in advance in order to make their attendance most comfortable. You can post pictures, provide locations, times, and directions and add any bit of guidance you think a guest would need to know in order to be stress free. Did I mention that this service is for FREE and the templates are very easy to use?!

It has become the norm nowadays to send out a “Save The Date” long before your wedding day. Families and friends are spread across the country and people’s lives are busier with days and weekends booked far in advance. I used and am a big fan of Magnetstreet.com (note: they are not limited to just magnets and offer other announcement styles). The representative assigned to me over email was easy to work with and allowed me to request several changes that she promptly made. Nothing goes to printing until you are 100% satisfied with the draft of what your item will look like. Magnets are a smart choice for a Save The Date because they are unlikely to get thrown away or your date be forgotten about as the message on the refrigerator is a constant reminder!

Rosalin’s Bridal in Falls Church will negotiate all final prices with you. In fact I know several brides who found their dresses elsewhere but came to Rosalins’ to determine if they could have their dream dress for a little bit less! My bridesmaid dresses were $40 cheaper per dress ordering them through Rosalin’s. I also purchased my tiara from Rosalin’s and after I found another that I loved more dearly, Rosalin’s was kind enough to allow me to return the product even though that is not their formal policy. I searched high and low to find affordable pocket fold invitations that had a little bit of personality and matched my color scheme. At one point I was so desperate I considered making them myself (which would have been a bad idea considering I can barely draw stick figures).

Although a bit out of my way (The Hawthorne House, located in Occoquan, VA) I decided to find out, after several recommendations, whether or not they had what I was looking for so badly. And yes they did! They had a large assortment of pocket fold styled invitations at better prices then most.

If you are top heavy, busty, or have big boobs, your saving grace to making your wedding complete is finding a bustier that will hold you in and make you look as beautiful as you had hoped in your wedding dress. I dreaded this search as I can barely find bras that fit me comfortably and support my “twins.” But then on theknot.com I read rave reviews about a store in Vienna, VA called Trousseau. During one of my mom’s visits we arrived at what became my favorite store ever! Besides the fact that they understand all boob sizes and shapes, and even more impressive that they will alter any piece for FREE, the women who worked there were so accommodating, patient, and helpful – making me feel normal and ensuring me they would find the right bra for my dress. One bustier and several bras later I departed the store thankful that the apparel for my big day was now complete.

Last stop – bathing suit (which is just as dreadful as finding the right bra for us big boobed women). I wanted to look sexy on my honeymoon and be able to frolic along the beach in a two piece like all the other just married wives. I did not want spillage or a top that fit but bottoms that were too big. I wanted to feel like a perfect summer beach babe. And then I was just as thankful to find Lions Lair Designs as I was when I found Trousseau! Lions Lair is located somewhere in Florida. They are a store that specializes in carrying lingerie and bathing suits for big boobed females. This is the key – get measured at Trousseau for the Freya and Fantasie brand bras. Lions Lair sells suits from these designers so once you know your bra size in these brands then you will know the exact size you are in the swimsuits. In fact, my bikini top fits more perfectly than my bra top! All orders can be placed by phone to Lions Lair. They overnight whatever you have ordered and they do not charge you shipping if your purchase is over $90 (pretty positive that is the dollar amount but not 100% sure). On several occasions the bottoms were too big, too small and each time Lions Lair was gracious enough to not charge me the cost of shipping! I have never had suits that fit so perfectly! This is

1 comment:

Kere said...

I got my dress at Rosalin's and my sister in law got her wedding dress at Rosalin's. It looks like a hole in the wall, but it's one of the best places.

I cannot recommend this ENOUGH! They are amazing and their prices are fantastic! Make this your first dress stop for wedding dresses or bridesmaids dresses.