Monday, May 26, 2008

Health Tip 104 From a Non-Health Fanatic

Oh boy, you are not going to like this tip.

Stop making excuses! No, this tip is not about exercising more, counting calories, eliminating carbs, or taking vitamins. This tip is about your desire to loose weight, get healthy, and become confident and comfortable in your own body.

Trust me, I understand the busy days packed full of work, errands, chores, and other obligations that take away time for you to invest in working out or cooking meals. But life is never going to slow down and pleasantly make time or space for you to incorporate getting in shape – you must make loosing weight a priority. By simply committing to set this goal and go after it, you will find the time (whether by waking up early or going to bed late) to exercise, eat more wisely, and enjoy your changing body.

Almost a year later, I still have to remind myself that just as I lost the weight, I can regain the weight. It is a scary thought and sometimes exhausting as I many times do not want to prioritize working out or eating healthy – sometimes it feels easier to give into the temptations around me than to remain dedicated to my self commitment. But when the scale slightly raises and the clothes fit a bit snuck I remind myself of my happiness when being thin. I remind myself of how hard it was to get to where I am and that by reversing this great goal I would experience heartache my self-esteem and health could not bare.
I have stopped making excuses.

When it is hot out. When I am exhausted. When I get home at 8 PM. When in a hurry and unable to find 30 minutes. When on vacation. When PMSing. The excuses are so easy to find, so easy to speak to, so easy to use – I remind myself they are just that – excuses. No real reason as to why I can’t exercise or eat the salad instead of the pasta. This week I ran 5 times and only enjoyed it once.

Find the time to love yourself and love your body. Stop making excuses and commit to becoming healthy and getting in shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!I'm starting to finally get back on track myself!

Anonymous said...

Rock on!! I totally agree.