Saturday, October 4, 2008

SHWAYZE

I am home alone folding laundry, changing sheets, picking up clothes that have been lingering on the floor for too many days. I am dancing in every corner my feet take me. I throw my arms above my head leaving space for my brain to bounce up and down, left and right. My hips rock side-to-side in extreme white girl form. Where have my moves gone?

It is when I am alone that the cloudiness of my brain clears and life seems less complicated. The nosiness of the constant negativity is silenced and I am at peace. Through my own dark days and the dark days of others I am able to see the purpose in our struggles. I have slowly learned that many avoid this approach to living and instead appeal to the doom-and-gloom of their circumstances continually making excuses for their present existence.

I AM THANKFUL FOR WHAT I HAVE.

No comments: