Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If You Seek Britney

I am a twenty-something whose immaturity comes out in my watchful ears and eyes of celebrity twittering – you know what I mean, I keep up with the stars! And so, before the new year ended I was able to check off an item from my “Must Do Before I Die” list. Drum roll please…I purchased Britney Spears tickets to her latest, and hopefully most fabulous tour – Circus!

Yes, chances are I will be huddled in with her new generation of tween followers screaming her name, wearing overpriced venue tee-shirts, knowing her dance moves and lyrics better than myself – but they can keep their youth and I will keep my seats!

Several years back during Britney’s last tour (The Onyx Hotel) I had purchased tickets. A poor college student at the time, the nose bleed section in the upper 400’s is all that my friends and I could bare to afford. Even then our excitement raged high from the glowing reviews friends in neighboring cities gave Britney and her entertainment act (we are not in denial, we know she does not sing live). However, weeks after her knee injury the tour was canceled and we were out of luck and out $26 dollars (thank you ticket master for not refunding your processing fees).

Years later with a slightly better job I vowed that ONE DAY when Britney would tour again (with no hair or a pink wig) I would be there rows closer with a seat that would cost three digits rather than two!



Section 102 – not too shabby!

No comments: