Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Grown up.

And one day I was a grown up.

I was driving home, stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I hoped I’d made it to the town high school in time to vote for our election of local politicians. I worked ten plus hours today. After voting I was going to have to cook dinner and then clean up the kitchen – load the dishwasher, wipe off the table and place mats, wrap the leftovers, clean the oven and surfaces. Exhausting. It’s the sixth of the month. Darn it, all the bills are due – must write those checks tonight. Pick out clothes for work tomorrow. Pack my gym bag. Make my lunch. Check Perez, People, TMZ and My Space. Work on updating my resume and check job listings. Get six hours of sleep. Wake up and start the next day…stuck in traffic and running late, again.

No comments: