Friday, November 30, 2007

A Young Professional In Seacrh of A Future

Dear Barbara (Walters),

I don’t know if it can be true, but it appears that I may be your third friend request on Myspace. I can’t help but hope that if this is the case perhaps my message will get to you sooner than when you shortly have 250 friends and I am simply another wanna be hoping to reach you.

I assume many will want to leave you messages of admiration, comments of support, praise for your journalism talent, provide feedback, perhaps even ideas for your TV and radio shows. I write you in hopes of defining a dream and linking with a resource who can guide that dream. I am looking for a mentor.

I write to you as en educated, college graduate with a Masters degree. A young professional who works at a top Consulting firm in the US. A volunteer of charities and a part time gymnastics coach. I write to you unsatisfied and confused as to how I attained a job and began my career knowing without a doubt, I arrived by wrong turns.

I want to be a television host, maybe even a radio personality. My degrees never enhanced nor assisted in leading me to a career that was a best fit – a career that made sense. I love talking, interacting, researching, learning, and sharing. I am not a sit-behind-the-desk, paper pushing, uniform wearing type of girl. I am loud, bold, outgoing, dynamic, sensitive, relatable, witty, and a sometimes confident woman.

Barbara, in convincing myself to go after my best fit I have limited faith that I too can be a story of unlikely success without a little miracle from someone like yourself. If you for any reason want to help and mentor me towards this dream, message me back on MySpace – this grand communicative technology that allows the ordinary to reach the extraordinary with a few thoughtful sentences and the push of a button.

Sincerely,

Danielle

1 comment:

Beth said...

Found you via the nest...

I'm a little confused about who the letter is to. I think you should post some additional information - who are you reaching out to?

You should post more often, especially if you want to pull people in on a regular basis. Little random things that happen, stories, etc.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy at your job. I was there last year at this time, I can definitely relate!